Booths Are Going Fast for Yakima’s Biggest Yard Sale
You've still got time -- but not much. Yakima's Biggest Yard Sale is coming up May 11 at J.M. Perry Technical Institute, and we're rapidly running out of vendor booths. So if you're hoping to set up shop this year, you'd better get moving.
The sale, which runs from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. the Saturday before Mother's Day, fills up fast each year (it drew well over 3,000 people last year), so if you're interested in turning some odds and ends into cash, this is your best chance.
Here are the specs:
- A 16-by19-foot booth goes for $50 and must be paid in full when you register.
- Booths do not include access to power. If you need electricity, talk with a Townsquare Media account executive about commercial yard space.
- Vendors are responsible for their own cash and cleanup.
- Booth vendors cannot sell food or beverages in the Yard Sale area -- violators will be asked to leave. Sales of firearms or weapons of any kind are also prohibited.
- All vendor vehicles must be out of the sale area by 7:30 a.m. sharp.
- Vendors can park for free the medial annex off Perry Street. Porta-Potties are provided.
- No roaming sales -- no exceptions. Bring your own tables, chairs, shade, bags and change.
- Unsold items still on the premises after 4 p.m. the day of the sale become the property of the Salvation Army. Please take items you wish to donate to the Salvation Army to their booth space after the sale.
- Sorry, no refunds on reservations.
The sale benefits Northwest Harvest Food Bank. Last year, Yard Sale customers donated more than 1,300 pounds of food. Admission to the sale is $3 for anyone older than 10, or $2 with the donation of a nonperishable food item for Northwest Harvest.
To reserve your booth, call (509) 972-3461 -- that's 9 RADIO 1. See you bright and early on May 11!