Seahawks vs. Jets Game Preview
The Seattle Seahawks (2-1) travel to New Jersey to take on the Jets (1-2) this Sunday at 10:00 a.m.
The Seahawks have outscored their opponents 102-33 in their three previous trips to MetLife Stadium.
Super Bowl XLVIII defeated Broncos 43-8
2013 – Week 15 defeated Giants 23-0
2011 – Week 5 defeated Giants 36-25
* Hawks quarterback Russell Wilson sprained his left MCL last week against the 49ers, but coach Pete Carroll expects him to play. Wilson (67 straight starts) hasn’t missed a game since entering the NFL in 2012. He’s taken 97% of the team’s snaps at QB during that span (4,072 of 4,201).
* Wilson is 48-19 in his career as a starting QB. He’s tied with Tom Brady (48-16) for the most wins in the NFL since 2012. The last player to start a game at QB for Seattle other than Wilson was Tarvaris Jackson in Week 17 of 2011.
* Running Back Thomas Rawls has a hairline fracture in his fibula and is expected to miss several weeks. Christine Michael stepped in last week and ran for a career-high 106 yards and 2 TDs. Michael is averaging 5.2 yards per rush, 4th among RBs with at least 30 carries behind Devonta Freeman (6.3), Isaiah Crowell (6.1) and DeMarco Murray (6.0).
* Doug Baldwin had a career-high 164 receiving yards last week against the 49ers. Baldwin has 1,000 receiving yards since Week 10 of last season, 3rd most in the NFL during that span behind Antonio Brown (1,137) and Julio Jones (1,030). His 14 TD catches during that span are 4 more than any other player.
* The Seahawks led the NFL in scoring defense in each of the previous 4 seasons. Only the Eagles have allowed fewer points this season.
Seahawks Defense Last Two Seasons:
Points Per Game - 17.3 (1st), 12.3 (2nd)
Yards Per Game - 291.8 (2nd), 250.3 (1st)
Pass yards Per Game - 210.3 (2nd), 162.7 (2nd)
* The Seahawks have just one takeaway this season, tied with the Giants and Lions for fewest in the league.