City of Yakima Wants Public’s Opinions On Bicycle Plan
If you are bicyclist and would like to have some input as to how the pathways, trails and bike facilities are planned for expansion and/or improved upon in the future, here is your chance!
The city of Yakima is in the process of developing a Bicycle Master Plan that will:
- Gather community input on existing conditions, barriers to bicycling in Yakima, and priorities for improvement.
- Build on the existing and planned bicycle facilities and bike-friendly trails.
- Develop a citywide bicycle network that includes neighborhood routes.
- Prioritize improvements to the bicycle network and develop a plan for implementation.
- Develop policy and program recommendations in the areas of education, encouragement, enforcement and evaluation.
The plan should be completed by late this year or early next. If you are interested in shaping the future for cycling in Yakima, watch for upcoming forums or comment via e-mail to email@example.com or by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
There is also a short online survey you can take: