10 Deeds in 10 Days is Back Feeding The Needy in the Yakima Valley
It’s about that time of year again as we team up with Bill Harris Used Cars for 10 Deeds in 10 Days — doing charitable things for a week and a half to help out the YWCA, Rod’s House, Selah Food Bank and the Yakima Veterans Support Group. Here are some ways you can help in the next few days.
- Local area schools are doing a food drive. See if your kid’s school is participating!
- Between now and Oct. 9, the Powerhouse Grill is asking patrons to round up their bills, donating the difference to 10 Deeds in 10 Days.
- Tonight (Oct. 3) you can find us bagging groceries at Safeway at First and Mead from 4-7. Drop by and drop off food or cash donations if you’re in the neighborhood!
- Wednesday, Oct. 5, is Slurpee Day at the 7-Eleven stores at 16th and Summitview avenues as well as the Selah location. Half the proceeds of Slurpee sales that day at those two locations will be donated to the cause.
- Friday, Oct., 7 from 6-9 p.m., it’s “Scary-oke” at the Union Gap Corn Maze. A portion of the proceeds will go to 10 Deeds in 10 Days.
- Find us at Wray’s Marketfresh IGA at 72nd Avenue and Nob Hill Boulevard doing a dollar drive on Friday, Oct., 7, from 4- 6 p.m. Then at the Wray’s on 56th and Summitview avenues on Saturday, Oct. 8 from noon-2 p.m. And finally on Sunday, Oct. 9, at the Wray’s at Third and Nob Hill Boulevard from noon-2 p.m.